How to Check Property Ownership in Pakistan Online
Before the digitisation of land and property records, the responsibility of keeping records of property ownership fell on the government officials called the Patwari, as well as collecting revenue from zamindars and landlords. Their governance made corruption, non-transparency, sluggish processes, and manipulation within Pakistan real estate prevalent.
This resulted in the government’s initiative to digitise property and land records. In 2017, Punjab and Sindh made it possible to check registry online through their website, online portal, and mobile app. Gone are the days of having to visit physical locations for this purpose. This article lays out all the means how to check property ownership in Pakistan online.
Digital Platforms for Land Records
Currently, Punjab and Sindh are the only regions in Pakistan that offer comprehensive property and land records on the Internet for their corresponding district, which are as follows:
- The Punjab Land Records Authority (PLRA). Provides database through the Land Record Management Information System (LRIMS)
- The Sindh Revenue Board (SRB). Provides online records through the Land Administration and Record Management Information System (LARIMS).
Both maintain a web property portal and mobile application, although the latter can only be accessed via Android smartphones. Whilst the Capital Development Authority lists the NOC-approved development projects in Islamabad and Rawalpindi, Punjab and Sindh’s online portals display online
Alternative resources to check property online for Islamabad land record and other districts include the following:
- National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA). A government agency that keeps a national management information system of property registration and ownership, which can be searched through their web portal.
- Federal Board of Revenue (FBR). Pakistan’s designated e-governance body for tax collection and administration where registry of property and ownership subject to taxes are recorded.
The easiest way to access digitised property papers is by enlisting the help of real estate experts. They can also walk investors through property laws, property rights of women, property sale purchase rules in Pakistan, the land transfer process in Punjab Pakistan, and more.
Step-by-Step Guide on How to Check Property Ownership in Pakistan Online
Checking property ownership and getting a succession certificate can all be accessed via the internet now, both district-specific and national. Everyone living in Pakistan may check property records through the following e-portals:
- Punjab Land Records Authority’s LRIMS
- Sindh Revenue Board’s LARIMS
How to Check Property Ownership in Punjab
Punjab Land Records Authority’s Land Record Management Information System provides all online record of land in Punjab, including Punjab property tax calculator, Punjab property tax, property transfer fee Punjab, and more through their website or mobile app. Follow these steps:
- Visit the official website at Punjab-zameen.gov.pk.
- Reaching the homepage, navigate to the ‘Property Registration’ section, which will redirect to https://rodportal.punjab-zameen.gov.pk/.
- Choose the desired district and service centre.
- Select the search type from the provided options, including CNIC, bahi number, registration number, or name.
- Click the ‘Search’ button, complete the query, and obtain land record Punjab.
How to Check Property Ownership in Sindh
Sindh Revenue Board’s Land Administration and Record Management Information System lets users access online Fard through the owner’s name or CNIC details. Follow this method:
- Visit the official website at sindhzameen.gos.pk.
- Once on the homepage, users will find two options to carry out their search query: “Search by Name” or “Search by CNIC.”
- After selecting the preferred option, choose the Taluka (tehsil) and Deh (district) from the provided drop-down menu. The owner’s full name must be provided.
- Once all the necessary information is entered, users can click on the “Search” button to retrieve the desired results.
How to Check Property Ownership Through NADRA
Property records for other districts aside from Punjab and Sindh are also available online through the National Database and Registration Authority’s portal. Users can authenticate property ownership through the following process:
- Visit the official website at nadra.gov.pk.
- Once on the homepage, click on the “Services” tab.
- Under the “Civic Services” category, locate the “Property Verification” service.
- Clicking on this service, select the type of property to verify, whether it’s residential, commercial, or agricultural.
- Users will then be directed to an online application form asking for necessary details, including the property’s location, owner’s name, or property number.
- After submitting the completed application form and paying the applicable fee, NADRA will proceed with verifying the information provided.
- Once the verification process is complete, users will receive a comprehensive report containing ownership details, such as the current owner’s name and the date of transfer of ownership.
How Legend Properties Can Help
The digitalisation of land and property records in Pakistan made the transfer property process easier, gradually abolishing the corruption, manipulation, and sluggish processes that came with the Patwari system. This instils confidence amongst investors entering real estate when they know how to check property ownership in Pakistan online, ultimately avoiding frauds and scams in the market.
Legend Properties is here to guide both startup and seasoned investors on their real estate ventures, from helping them access transparent property records using various government-designated land and property e-portals to finding the best deals that fit their desired ROI, budget, standards of living, and other requirements. We make investing in real estate easier and more secure. Reach us today!
How to Check Property Ownership in Pakistan Online. (n.d.). Retrieved from Pro Pakistani:
How to Check Property Ownership in Pakistan. (September 7, 2022). Retrieved from Agency 21:
Here’s How You Can Check Property Records Online in Pakistan. (n.d.). Retrieved from Zameen: https://www.zameen.com/blog/check-property-ownership-online-pakistan.html
A Step-By-Step Guide to Finding Property Ownership in Pakistan Online. (n.d.). Retrieved from NugSol:
How to Check Property Ownership in Pakistan Online? (May 11, 2023). Retrieved from Phone World:
PROPERTY OWNERSHIP CHECK IN PAKISTAN: HOW? (September 20, 2022). Retrieved from Ilaan:
How to Check Property Ownership in Pakistan Online. (August 25, 2022). Retrieved from Real Property: https://www.realproperty.pk/blog/how-to-check-property-ownership-in-pakistan-online/
5 Steps How to check Property Ownership in Pakistan. (n.d.). Retrieved from Aura Properties:
How To Check Property Ownership! (June 18, 2021). Retrieved from Jagah Online: https://www.jagahonline.com/blog/check-property-ownership/
How to Check Property Ownership Through CNIC. (n.d.). Retrieved from The Millenium Builders: